Who doesn’t love French wine? And if you don’t, certainly you haven’t ever dipped your tongue into a delicious Bordeaux… yet!
At an unheard of price at a posh French-American location that benefits charity, there’s no excuse not to go.
On Thursday, Oct. 30 from 5-7 p.m., Sofitel Philadelphia is hosting a French Wine Fair benefitting Philabundance. For only $20, drop by the Liberté Lounge with eight wine vineyards pouring 4-5 wines at various stations. Hors d’oeuvres showcasing Chef Justin Perdue’s new fall menu, raffle items and giveaways await with half the proceeds going straight to Philabundance.
Knowledgeable reps from each vineyard will have answers for your questions and you can order your favorite bottle right there. Whether it’s a holiday gift or dinner party, Sofitel Philadelphia’s resident wine expert Stephen Menei is doing a twitter Q&A from now until 10/30. Curious imbibers can tweet him questions @SofitelPhilly with the hashtag #FAQduVin. His favorite question will be entered to win a Sofitel Grand Prize.
Some of the featured wines include:
• Folie à Deux Chardonnay
• Napa Cellars Sauvignon Blanc
• Lock & Key Meritage
• Chateau Recougne, Bordeaux, Rouge
• Andre Brunel, Cotes du Rhone, Rouge
• Domaine du Tariquet, Classic, Ugni Blanc/Colombard
• Roux Père et Fils, Burgundy
• George DuBoeuf, Beaujolais
• Selections from Nicolas Potel Varieties
• Selections from Alba Vineyards
• Selections from Trimbach Vineyards
• Chateau Bellevue Bordeaux
• Jean Luc Colombo Cotes du Rhone
• Chateau Lamarque
Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/myevents/